During the Muslim era of the city, while they lived in the fortress, Abderramán III ordered this space to be built as a palace during the 10th century. It came to be known as the Dar Al-Imara or Prince’s house, or the house of the Governor which was accessed by another door, currently blocked off. In the time of Felipe V, while he was in Seville, in 1729, he ordered the place to be used as an armory (as indicated by a memorial tombstone), thus fulfilling the function for which it was intended. In 1816, benches and a fountain were installed, surrounded by trees. In 1857, the benches were dismantled, leaving only the trees and the fountain, after a few years, the trees were replaced with orange trees, which remain today. The centre was remodeled again for the 1929 Ibero-American Expo, where the fountain was found totally destroyed, and a new one was installed, adding a sandy area around it to let vehicles pass through its surroundings. Horse-riding paths were also installed as it was so close to the station. Today, it is the exit from the Alcázar, with an area of 1441 m².
Probably the most impressive view of the Giralda.tweet
Patio de Banderas s/n