The Moroccan Pavilion, built for the Ibero-American Exhibition held in Seville in 1929, is a beautiful example of the best Moroccan craftsmanship. The building was originally conceived as place to teach the Exhibition visitors about the colonies that belonged to Spain at the time.
The Pavilion, a predominantly white building, is by the María Luisa Park where it is closest to the river. This space comprised a central building around a courtyard, a tower in the form of a minaret and different secondary spaces used to exhibit Moroccan products and manufactures, with a café and a small market where craftsmen made leather items, paintings, jewellery...
The courtyard of the Moroccan Pavilion leads to various rooms and halls, such as the Moorish Hall, a recreation of the most noble of a house’s rooms, and other rooms that displayed exhibits of the Protectorate’s natural resources, history, art and testimonies of its relationship with Spain. It has been the headquarter of the Seville Parks and Gardens Department since 1957.
The Pavilion’s outstanding courtyard is covered by a glass dome. It has a marble fountain in the centre, mosaic floors and all the walls are covered in tile.
The Moroccan Pavilion comprises a central courtyard that leads to various rooms used as offices for Seville City Council’s Parks and Gardens Department. Therefore, only the courtyard itself can be used for events, such as book presentations, literary talks, cocktails and prize ceremonies.
As it is an administrative building, the Moroccan Pavilion can host events outside office hours, in the afternoon, at night and on weekends.
The space can hold up to 100 people and there are public parking facilities in the vicinity. Access is adapted for people with disabilities.
The audiovisual and lighting resources available at the site are the following:
|Not available||Not available||Not available|
|This space has no furnishing for use during events.||This space does not have a wireless internet connection.||Access for people with disabilities.||There are several public car parks in the vicinity.||Lines lines 3, 6 and 34.|
|Room name||Banquet||Cocktail Reception||School||Theatre|
Consorcio Turismo de Sevilla (Administration)
Plaza de San Francisco, 19.
Edif. Laredo. 41004 Sevilla
+34 955 471 265
Open from 09:00h. to 14:00h.