One of the world’s most beautiful parks

Maria Luisa Park is the most famous park in Seville and one of its best sources of fresh air.  Formerly the private gardens of the San Telmo Palace, the land was donated in 1893 by the Infanta Maria Luisa Fernanda de Borbón (the Duchess of Montpensier).  The land was reformed by the French Engineer Jean-Claude Nicolas Forestier, conservator of the Boulogne forest in Paris, who gave it a romantic touch, inspired by the gardens of the Generalife, the Alhambra and the Alcázares of Seville.

The Plaza of España and the Plaza de América were opened in the park for the Iberoamerican Expo in 1929, being some of the main attractions.  Their fountains give that arabesque touch that adds sound to help you peacefully relax among its many tiled and detailed benches, which describe works of literature and other arts.

Maria Luisa Park has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.

Card

Opening hours

From 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (winter).
From 8:00 am to 12:00 am (summer).

Price

Gratis