The Triana market is a market or Plaza de Abastos located in the Plaza del Altozano, next to the Triana Bridge, in the district of Triana. In the lower part of the market are the remains of the Castle of San Jorge, the seat of the inquisitional court. This castle was the seat of the inquisition from 1481, although its initial construction was during the Arab era, in 1171. Affected by the continuous abandonment and successive floods of the Guadalquivir, in 1823, the market was installed on this site, popularly known as the Plaza de Abastos. For the Universal Expo in Seville (1992) and to modernize the market, the remains of the castle and an Almohade cemetery were demolished. The market was temporarily moved to calle Pagés del Corro. In 2001, the new Triana market was inaugurated in its traditional location.
Plaza de Abastos and culinary space